Yaz Yasmin Ocella
Yaz Yasmin Ocella Injury Lawyer
We Help You get Fair & Just Compensation for your Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella Birth Control Pill Injury Lawsuit!
Need an Experienced Yasmin Birth Control Pill Injury Lawyer in USA?
Yaz, Yasmin Lawsuits | Lawyer, Attorneys: Yaz, Yazmin Side Effects: Blood Clots, Pulmonary Embolism (PE), Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Yaz, Yasmin Related Stroke, yaz, Yasmin Related Heart Attacks, Yaz, Yazmin Gallbladder Damage, Yaz, Yasmin Death Lawsuit| Yaz, Yasmin Birth Control Pill Lawsuits |
What is the problem with Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella?
- Women taking Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella birth control pills are suffering from Pulmonary Embolism, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Blood Clots, Stroke, Heart Attack, and sudden Death.
- Drospirenone is a diuretic drug and if the body is dehydrated it can lead to blood clotting, stroke, heart attack and disruptive heart rhythms.
- Swiss media reported that more than 200 women have died while taking Yaz and Yasmin, Bayer’s blockbuster birth control contraceptives.
- The Yasmin birth control pill, manufactured and marketed by Bayer Pharmaceuticals has been linked to a number of serious, life-threatening side effects including sudden death.
- For every 10,000 women taking a drospirenone-containing pill per year, 8 to 10 of these women will develop a venous thromboembolism blood clot.
- A recent study of 330,000 women in Israel has again found that women taking birth control pills containing drospirenone, including Yaz and Yasmin, have a greater risk of developing blood clots than those using second or third generation pills.
Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella Quick Facts:
- The Yasmin, Yaz and Ocella (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) group of birth control pills are some of the most popular contraceptive medications in the world.
- The Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella group of birth control pills are oral contraceptives that contains progestin Drospirenone or DRSP.
- The Yaz, Yasmin birth control pill was originally developed by Berlex Laboratories, which has since been acquired by Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
- Yasmin is one of the best-selling oral contraception birth control pills in the United States with sales of $616 million in 2007.
- Yaz is a combination birth control pill that also contains progestin and estrogen. Yaz is considered a low-dose pill that it contains .035 milligrams or less of estrogen.
- Yaz has 24 days of active medication intended to shorten a women's period, while Yasmin has the traditional 21 active pills. Both Yasmin and Yaz contain the ingredients drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol.
- Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella, medication are also prescribed for pre-menstrual symptoms, and moderate acne vulgaris in women at least 14 years of age.
Yaz, Yasmin Lawsuit Information
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals has already paid out $142 million in Yaz, Yasmin settlements in 651 cases alleging that these 4th generation birth control pills are causing potentially deadly blood clots in women.
- More than 10,000 people have filed Yaz lawsuits against Bayer Pharmaceuticals claiming that the drug manufacturer has misled women about the health risks of Yasmin, Yaz.
- As of February 1, 2012, there have been 11,300 Yaz / Yasmin / Ocella lawsuits served on Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
- Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella lawsuits also state that Bayer pharmaceuticals over promoted the benefits of Yasmin and Yaz, and advertised the drug for non-FDA approved uses.
- Yaz and Yasmin lawsuits claim that the birth control pills have led to deadly blood clots, gall bladder damage and kidney failure.
- All of the Yamin lawsuits involve allegations which state that Bayer knew, or should have known and failed to disclose about the health risks involved with its birth control pills and put the health of women at risk.
- According to a second quarter stockholders newsletter released in Aug 2012, Bayer pharmaceuticals is expecting to pay out more than $1.2 billion to settle lawsuits filed on behalf of individuals allegedly injured by Yaz and Yasmin side effects.
- All Yasmin lawsuits that have been filed in federal court have been consolidated in what is a class action for discovery purposes.
- There are also Yasmin lawsuits pending in state court in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Seventy Yasmin cases have settled as of March, 2012.
- With the help of an experienced Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella birth control drug attorney, you can get fair and just compensation for medical bills, surgery, treatment, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Our experienced Yaz, Yasmin attorneys are reviewing potential lawsuits for users of Yaz, Yasmin and birth control pills. Our experienced lawyers believe that healthy young women could face an increased risk of serious health problems caused by Yasmin side effects.
If you have been injured by using the birth control drug Yasmin, (Yaz, Ocella), you will need an experienced prescription drug lawyer who cares about you as a person and will be dedicated to fight for you to get fair and just compensation for your personal injury. Women taking this birth control drug deserve to know the side effects associated with Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella.
FDA YAZ. YAZMIN WARINGS!
The FDA recently released a study tying drospirenone birth control pills, such as Yaz and Yasmin, to blood clots, announcing that these oral contraceptives can raise a user's risk of blood clots by nearly 74%.
Due to the risk of Yaz, Yasmin blood clots, the FDA announced that it would be investigating the Yaz, Yasmin and other birth control pills that contain drospirenone. This action was taken after the FDA received new studies linked the risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE), a potential Yaz, Yasmin blood clot, in patients taking oral contraceptives that contain drospirenone. The studies revealed that women between the ages of 15 and 44 who use Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella or other drospirenone-containing birth control pills were 2-3 times more likely to develop a blood clot than those taking pills containing levonorgestrel.
In March 2006, Yaz, Yasmin received FDA approval as an oral contraceptive and as a treatment for the physical and emotional symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
In January 2007, Yaz, Yasmin was approved to treat moderate acne in women (age 14 and up) who desire an oral contraceptive for birth control.
In October 2008, the FDA cited two Yasmin TV commercials for using deceptive claims. In their warning letter to Bayer Pharmaceuticals, the FDA faulted Bayer for overstating the benefits of Yasmin. The FDA criticized the Yasmin ads for containing fast-moving images and background music that was distracting to TV viewer while information about potential Yasmin side effects - including potentially life-threatening blood clots – was being described. The FDA warning letter said the TV commercials had minimized the risks posed by Yasmin.
Bayer Pharmaceuticals agreed to stop running the deceptive Yasmin ads. As a part their agreement with the FDA and attorney generals in 27 states, Bayer began running a new ad campaign in February 2009 to correct information stated in the deceptive Yasmin commercials. The Yasmin lawsuits settlement also required that Bayer submit all Yamin ads for federal screening before they appear to the public.
The FDA has issued several warnings to Bayer Pharmaceuticals regarding the inappropriateness of their Yasmin advertising and marketing of the birth control pills. Below are links to the FDA Yaz, Yasmin warnings.
2003 FDA Yasmin Warning
2008 FDA Yasmin Warning
2009 FDA Yasmin Warning
Legal Help for Victims Affected by Yasmin
We are currently accepting Yasmin, Yaz and Ocella birth control drug claims in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has taken Yasmin and suffered from any of the symptoms listed below, you should contact us immediately for a free Yaz, Yasmin drug injury consultation. Fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION form or call toll free us now at 866.757.6949 and talk to a live legal counselor that will help you take the first step toward getting the compensation you deserve and getting your life back so you can concentrate on your recovery.
Side Effects of Yasmin, (Yaz, Ocella)
FDA's Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) lists these side effects of reported by Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella users.
- Chest tightening
- Difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Liver problems
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe vaginal bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
- Unusual weakness
- Vaginal irritation
- Vaginal discharge
- Vision changes
Life-threatening side effects linked with the Yasmin birth control pill including the following:
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Blood clots (non-vaginal)
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Cerebral hemorrhage
- Cerebral thrombosis (blood clots in the brain)
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Gallbladder disease
- Heart attack
- Hepatic adenomas (benign liver tumors)
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Kidney Failure
- pancreatitis disease
- Pulmonary embolism (an artery in the lung is blocked)
- Sudden death
Other Side effects reported by Yaz, Yasmin birth control users:
- Balance problems
- Cardiovascular problems
- Chest pain
- Decreased sexual desire
- depression (mild, moderate, severe)
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
- Menstrual clotting
- Pain behind the eyes
- Pain that spreads to the shoulder
- Pain that spreads to the arm
- Severe migraine headaches
- Severe mood changes
- Sleep problems
- Speech problems
- Stomach pain
- Sudden numbness or weakness
- Swelling of the face
- Swelling of the lips
- Swelling of the throat
- Swelling of the tongue
- Unexplained confusion
- Unstable emotional changes for no reason
- Vision problems
Residents of USA we can help you get fair and just compensation for your Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella drug injury.
Protect Yourself from Prescription Drug Errors
- Read the prescription out loud and ask the physician to confirm it.
- Verify and write down the prescription drug's name and dosage, and confirm it with your doctor.
- Use a reliable pharmacy with sufficient staff.
- Avoid shorthanded pharmacies and "internet" pharmacies.
- If you have any questions about your prescription or the directions for taking it always ask your pharmacist for a detailed explanation.
Prescription Drug Statistics
Prescription drug related deaths now outnumber total number of traffic related deaths each year in the in the U.S. Pharmacy and prescription errors can cause serious illness or death. One study reported that as many as 5% of prescriptions filled each year are incorrect. Medical prescription drug statistics show the potential for adverse drug reactions in children to be 3 higher than for adults. Medical malpractice lawsuit statistics also show that doctors make about 4 prescription mistakes for every 1,000 prescriptions written.
- Prescription Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors accounts for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- One study reported that as many as 5% of prescriptions filled each year are incorrect.
- Preventable medication errors cause about 400,000 injuries each year in the U. S.
- Preventable medication error injuries cost about $3.5 billion per year in the U. S.
- Prescription drug deaths for the first half of 2010 (1,270) are greater than those for the first half of 2009.
- It is estimated that more than 30,000 Americans die each year from prescription drug abuse and overdoses.
- Two-Thirds of all doctors involved in 10 or more malpractice cases are never disciplined.
- More than 49% percent of hospitals have never filed 1 disciplinary action against one of their doctors.
- The Institute of Medicine reported in 2006 that the most common medical practice is prescription errors.
- The CDC reported that prescription drug deaths shot up 68 percent in a five year period.
- Statistics show that prescription drug deaths were the second leading cause of unintentional deaths in the United States in 2008.
- There were 11,000 deaths to 20,000 prescription drug deaths between 1999 and 2004.
- In 2010, statistics show that prescription drug deaths were the second leading cause of unintentional deaths in the United States.
Prescription Drug Lawsuit
Each state has a strict Statute of Limitations for you to file your Yasmin Drug Injury Lawsuit. Time is of the Essence when it comes to filing your Yasmin Prescription Drug lawsuit in USA!
Choosing an experienced Yaz, Yasmin birth control injury lawyer will be very important to your case and the amount of compensation for your Yasmin settlement!
Yasmin, Yaz, Yasmin Prescription Drug victims are entitled to these damages:
- Economic damages
- Exemplary damages
- Future medical bills
- Loss of benefits
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of parental care
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Medical costs
- Mental anguish
- Monetary compensation
- Non-economic damages
- Physical impairment (past and future)
- Loss of spousal support & companionship
How We Can Help You Today:
- We will answer your questions about your case.
- We connect you with experienced Injury claims lawyers.
- Our Injury lawyers have more than 25 years of years of experience.
- Call toll free today at 866.757.6949 to talk with an experienced injury attorney.
10 Things a Prescription Drug Lawyer Can Do For Your Case
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer can help you recover medical expenses and lost income from all responsible parties.
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer can help you obtain records, case information, legal documents and photographs related to your case.
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer can track down witnesses that must be found and asked for testimony regarding your Prescription Drugs case.
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer will guide you through each step of the legal process and will help minimize potential disruptions to your life so you can focus on your recovery.
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer can provide expert witnesses that have testified in similar Prescription Drugs cases that will help with your settlement.
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer can help educate you about your case and the state laws involved.
- A Prescription Drug Lawyer can make sure that your Prescription Drugs case is filed within the statute of limitations for your state.
- Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella Drug litigation is complicated and can involve large sums of money and a Prescription Drugs Lawyer can make sure that you get compensation.
- Yasmin, Yaz, Ocella Prescription Drug lawsuits can take a long time in the busy USA court system.
- You will need an experienced Prescription Drugs Lawyer that understands that your case will take time and will fight for you and your family through to a successful settlement.
By retaining an experienced Yaz, Yasmin Prescription Drug Lawyer you will not need to worry about having cash up front for your case because your Prescription Drugs Lawyer will work on a NO WIN – NO FEE basis.
You will not have to pay a penny unless you receive compensation
- No charge for your initial phone consultation.
- We aggressively represent our clients!
- We welcome your questions, and we will to return your calls within 24 hours.
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can't, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone or email.
Helping you through this difficult time is our commitment. We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
We connect you with Injury Lawyers in all 50 States.
We welcome your questions, and we will to return your calls within 24 hours.
If you have a legal question about an injury, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to an attorney, and if an attorney is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible. Or use our case evaluation form located on the right side of this page.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!
Keywords| Yaz Yasmin Ocella Lawyer | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Attorney | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Lawyer | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Attorney | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Lawsuit | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Lawsuit | Personal Injury Lawyer | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Lawyer | Yaz Yasmin Ocella Lawyer
Call toll free 866.757.6949
Yaz Yasmin Ocella Claims Lawyer: Yaz Yasmin Ocella